The Bishop Gorman Internship Program was established in 2012 with seven participating businesses and has grown each year.
Thanks to the excellent job our students have done year after year and the support of our community, the program continues to prosper. In the program’s seventh year, seventeen businesses provided internships to twenty-five juniors going into their senior year during the summer of 2019.
The Internship Program offers Bishop Gorman students an experience not many high school students receive, contributing to the college-preparatory curriculum. Sophia Adrangi ’20, who interned at JBA Consulting Engineers, said “This internship has tested and strengthened my versatility. It has given me exposure to the real world obstacles faced in an engineering career. It has made me more excited about my future.”
Alumni, parents, and friends of Bishop Gorman are the supporters of this program and provide our students with priceless opportunities throughout the Las Vegas Valley.
This year’s Internship Program participants included:
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center
- Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center
- Craig P. Kenny Law
- Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center
- Haven Animal Hospital
- JBA Consulting Engineers – KATHY KELLY ’85
- Kaempfer Crowell
- Las Vegas Aviators
- Moonridge Group – JULIE (MEIER) MURRAY ’78
- Pyatt Silvestri – JIM SILVESTRI ’78
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center
- Stillpoint Center for Spiritual Development
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
- Total Sports Medicine & Orthopedics – DR. RODDY MCGEE ’92
- Vegas Golden Knights
- WestPac Wealth Partners